The Chicago School Forensic Center® specializes in, but is not limited to, providing services to children, families, and adults who have contact with the legal sector (i.e., courts, child welfare agencies, law enforcement, probation, and parole). Since its inception in 2007, the Center has expanded into a state-of-the-art facility to meet the community’s critical needs, secured many partnerships throughout the Chicagoland area, and has extended its offering of services to include psycholegal evaluations and screenings, individual and group therapy, and services that address the issues of delinquency, child maltreatment, pre- and post-transitional living for offenders, vicitim-related trauma, and mediation.
Psycholegal Evaluations and Screenings
Individual, Group, Couples, and Family Therapy
Specialized Clinical Services in the Areas of:
- Victim-Related Trauma
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Parent, Co-Parent, and Blended Family Problems
- Substance Abuse/Addiction (and co-recurring mental illness)
- Anger Management/Anti-Violence
- Recidivism Reduction
Specialized Non-Clinical Services:
- Academic Mentoring/School Engagement
- Mediation (Divorce, Child Custody, Parentage)
- Job Readiness Training
In an effort to meet the comprehensive needs of the community, the Center provides services through several means:
- Self-Referral: Individuals can initiate services through a referral process by contacting the Center directly at (312) 467-2535.
- Agency Referral: Agencies can submit a referral on behalf of their client. To initiate services, contact the Forensic Center to request a referral form or complete the Fact Sheet attached here.
- DCFS Medicaid: Child welfare agencies can establish an arrangement through the Center for mental health services. To initiate services, contact the Forensic Center.
Cost of Services
The Forensic Center offers low-cost services based on the client’s ability to pay. No one will be denied access to services due to an inability to pay. There is a discounted/sliding fee pay schedule available. The Forensic Center does not discriminate patients based upon race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, age, or sexual orientation.
For Sliding Fee Scale applicants, please complete the Sliding Fee Scale form and return to our office via fax at (312) 661-1272 or mail at Forensic Center, 325 N. Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60654.