The Forensic Center specializes in, but is not limited to, providing services to children, families, and adults who have contact with the legal sector (i.e., courts, child welfare agencies, law enforcement, probation, and parole). Since its inception in 2007, the Center has expanded into a state-of-the-art facility to meet the community’s critical needs, secured many partnerships throughout the Chicagoland area, and has extended its offering of services to include psycholegal evaluations and screenings, individual and group therapy, and services that address the issues of delinquency, child maltreatment, pre- and post-transitional living for offenders, vicitim-related trauma, and mediation.
- Psycholegal Evaluations and Screenings
- Individual, Group, Couples, and Family Therapy
- Specialized Clinical Services in the Areas of:
- Victim-Related Trauma
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Parent, Co-Parent, and Blended Family Problems
- Substance Abuse/Addiction (and co-recurring mental illness)
- Anger Management/Anti-Violence
- Recidivism Reduction
- Pre-Qualifying Examinations for Chicago Public Schools (CPS) Selective Enrollment Programs
- Math and Reading Comprehension Scores provided through the Weschler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT-III)
- Full WIAT-III administrations also available
- Space is limited and appointments fill up quickly, please contact us early to obtain testing appointments.
- Specialized Non-Clinical Services:
- Academic Mentoring/School Engagement
- Mediation (Divorce, Child Custody, Parentage)
- Job Readiness Training
In an effort to meet the comprehensive needs of the community, the Center provides services through several means:
- Self-Referral: Individuals can initiate services through a referral process by contacting the Center directly at 312-467-2535.
- Agency Referral: Agencies can submit a referral on behalf of their client. To initiate services, contact the Forensic Center to request a referral form.
- DCFS Medicaid: Child welfare agencies can establish an arrangement through the Center for mental health services. To initiate services, contact the Forensic Center.
Cost of Services
The Forensic Center offers no-cost to low-cost services based on the client’s ability to pay. No one will be denied access to services due to an inability to pay. There is a discounted/sliding fee pay schedule available. The Forensic Center does not discriminate patients based upon race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, age, or sexual orientation.